See live video — and later, full replay and transcript — of President Donald Trump’s speech at the 2018 Young Black Leadership Summit at the White House East Room on Friday, October 26, 2018. See it in real time via the embedded video player below starting at 11:45 a.m. EDT local time (GMT/UTC -4). Thereafter check back for the full text and replay which will be posted as soon as available.
UPDATE: Full replay video, transcript and photos have been posted below.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: Thank you. Thank you very much. Wow, what a group! What a group! Thank you very much. What a great honor to have you. Thank you. It is a great, great honor to have you in the White House. Thank you very much.
They call this, as you know, this is Young Black Leadership, and it’s the summit, and to have you here is truly my privilege, and we’re going to have a lot of fun. We’re going to talk. We’re going to meet. But… But before — before I do, I’d like to begin…
[UNIDENTIFED] We’re leaders.
PRESIDENT TRUMP: And you are leaders. That’s a — you’re real leaders. I’d like to begin today’s remarks by providing an update on the packages and devices that have been mailed to high-profile figures throughout our country, and a media organization. I am pleased to inform you that law enforcement has apprehended the suspect and taken him into custody.
It’s an incredible job by law enforcement. We’ve carried out a far-reaching federal, state and local investigation to find the person or persons responsible for these events. These terrorizing acts are despicable, and have no place in our country. No place. I’ve instructed authorities to spare no resource or expense in finding those responsible, and bringing them to swift and certain justice… and we will prosecute them, him, her — whoever it may be to the fullest extent of the law.
We must never allow political violence to take root in America — cannot let it happen, and I’m committed to doing everything in my power as president to stop it, and to stop it now, to stop it now. I have just concluded a briefing with the Department of Justice following the apprehension of the suspect.
I want to applaud the FBI, Secret Service, the Department of Justice, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, the NYPD and all law enforcement throughout the entire country. Incredible partners. These people have worked so hard, and to have done it so quickly. It’s looking like a — you’re looking — it’s a needle in a haystack.
How do you do this so quickly? They’ve done an incredible, incredible job, and I want to congratulate them. But a bottom line is that Americans must unify, and we must show the world that we are united together in peace and love and harmony as fellow American citizens. There is no country like our country, and every day, we are showing the world just how truly great we are.
So you are really very special people. I wanted to say that before our little talk, and I appreciate the time you’ve given me, and boy, one — one day, one of you is going to be standing — it could be three or four of you, actually. But you’re going to be standing right here. You’re going to be standing right here.
I have no doubt. I have no doubt. Who — who in this room, who in this room wants to be president some day? So it’s an ambitious group. It’s an ambitious group. That’s great. Anyway. Thank you all very much. I really appreciate it. For the media, thank you very much. I thought I’d do that. And we feel very strongly.
Again, congratulations to all law enforcement. We have the best in the world, and they just showed it. Thank you very much. Now to the subject at hand.
And it is my great honor to be with so many brilliant — and that’s what you are, brilliant, courageous, patriotic and proud Americans. Seeing all of you here today fills me with an extraordinary confidence in America’s future, and the great, great future of our country. Each of you is taking part in the Young Black Leadership Summit because you are true leaders on your campuses, in your churches and in your communities.
Live stream video is above. Live coverage begins at 11:45 a.m. EDT local time (UTC/GMT – 4). Use World Clock to find the equivalent in your own time zone on Friday, October 26 or Saturday, October 27, accordingly.
President Donald Trump’s public schedule for Friday, October 26, 2018 is below (EDT; GMT/UTC – 4).
11:30 a.m. — Delivers remarks at the 2018 Young Black Leadership Summit; East Room
1:00 p.m. — Has lunch with Secretary of State Pompeo; Private Dining Room
4:35 p.m. — Departs White House
6:05 p.m. — Arrives Charlotte, North Carolina
7:00 p.m. — Hosts a Make America Great Again rally; Bojangles’ Coliseum, Charlotte, North Carolina [Live stream and replay]
8:20 p.m. — Departs Charlotte, North Carolina
10:00 p.m. — Arrives White House
Scroll down for live stream and replays of previous speeches and other public events. Click here for the full index of posts on President Donald Trump.
Photo credit: screenshot via White House YouTube
- [Full Video & Transcript] President Donald Trump Speech Commemorating 35th Anniversary of Beirut Barracks Attack, October 25, 2018
- [Full Video & Transcript] President Donald Trump Speech on Drug Pricing, October 25, 2018
- [Full Video & Transcript] President Donald Trump Speech on Progress in Combating the Opioid Crisis, October 24, 2018
- [Full Video] President Donald Trump Welcomes Pastor Andrew Brunson, Released from Turkey, to the White House Oval Office, October 13, 2018
- [Full Video & Transcript] Kanye West Meeting with President Donald Trump at the White House Oval Office, October 11, 2018
- [Full Video & Transcript] President Donald Trump at Interagency Task Force to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons Annual Meeting, October 11, 2018
- [Full Video & Transcript] President Donald Trump at Signing Ceremony for S. 2553-Know the Lowest Price Act and S. 2554-Patients Right to Know Drug Prices Act, October 10, 2018
- [Full Video & Transcript] President Donald Trump Speech at International Association of Chiefs of Police Annual Convention, Orlando, Florida, October 8, 2018
- [Full Video & Transcript] President Donald Trump Speech at National Electrical Contractors Association Convention, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, October 2, 2018
- [Full Video & Transcript] President Donald Trump Press Conference on NAFTA Replacement, USMCA – United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement, October 1, 2018
- [Full Video & Transcript] President Donald Trump Press Conference, Wednesday, September 26, 2018
- [Full Video & Transcript] President Donald Trump Speech at UN General Assembly Opening Session, September 25, 2018
- [Full Video & Transcript] President Donald Trump at Signing Ceremony for the United States-Korea Free Trade Agreement, September 24, 2018
- Video: President Donald Trump Speech at UN General Assembly Opening Session, Tuesday, September 19, 2017