Here’s the full video of Jason Aldean on Saturday Night Live. In the cold open, the country music superstar paid tribute to the victims of the Las Vegas shooting that took place during his live outdoor concert and claimed the lives of 58 people and left nearly 500 injured and was the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history. He also performed Tom Petty’s classic ‘I Won’t Back Down.’ See the complete replay video and get more details below.
Jason Aldean said in his opening remarks of the October 2 mass shooting in Las Vegas, ““This week, we witnessed one of the worst tragedies in American history. Like everyone, I’m struggling to understand what happened that night and how to pick up the pieces and start to heal.”
Continuing, he addressed victims’ families and survivors, adding, “I want to say to them, we hurt for you, and we hurt with you. You can be sure that we’re going to walk through these tough times together, every step of the way. Because when America is at its best, our bond and our spirit- it’s unbreakable.”
He then performed a cover of Tom Petty’s classic, “I Won’t Back Down.” The rock legend died on the same day as the Las Vegas shooting.
This episode of SNL, with host Gal Gadot of Wonder Woman, was broadcast live originally on Saturday, October 7, 2017.
A day after the mass shooting, Jason Aldean posted a lengthy and heartfelt message to his official Facebook page reacting to the tragedy. He made a pitch for unity in the aftermath and said in part, “We are all humans and we are all Americans and its time to start acting like it and stand together as ONE!” The post has since gone viral. You can see it below:
Scroll down for previous posts on the Las Vegas shooting. Click here for the full index of posts on Jason Aldean.
Photo credit: Official White House photo via Flickr
Photo credit: screenshot via White House YouTube
- Video: President Donald Trump, First Lady Melania Trump Visit Civilian Heroes and First Responders of Las Vegas Shooting, Wednesday, October 4, 2017
- Video & Photos: President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump Lead a Moment of Silence for Las Vegas Shooting Victims, Monday, October 2, 2017
- Full Video & Transcript: President Donald Trump Statement on Las Vegas, Nevada Mass Shooting, Monday, October 2, 2017
- Jason Aldean on ‘Today Show’ (Video) Live Summer Concert Performance
- Video: Greg Allman Tribute at CMT Music Awards 2017 ‘Midnight Rider’ Performance by Jason Aldean, Darius Rucker, Lady Antebellum’s Charles Kelley, and Tedeschi Trucks Band
- Jason Aldean on ‘GMA’ (Video) Live Concert Performance in Central Park