See live video — and later, full replay and transcript — of President Donald Trump’s jobs announcement on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at the White House East Room. See it in real time with the live stream video player embedded below starting at 5 p.m. EDT (GMT/UTC -4). Thereafter check back for the full text and replay which will be posted as soon as available.
UPDATE: Full replay video and transcript have been added below.
Remarks by President Trump in Jobs Announcement
5:39 P.M. EDT
THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. I want to thank our great Vice President. Thank you to Speaker Ryan. We’re working very, very closely. We’re getting a lot done.
Governor Walker has been so tremendous from the first time we announced that Terry even had a small amount of interest in going into this country someplace. And, you know, when you give that to Governor Walker, it’s pretty much of a done deal. (Laughter.)
Ron Johnson, senator — he’s been so helpful to us on a thing that you haven’t heard too much about recently — healthcare. And I think we’re doing okay, Ron. I’m hearing good things. I’m hearing good things.
Secretary Mnuchin, Secretary Ross, all of the congressmen — great congressmen — and senators we have in the audience: Thank you very much.
And thanks especially to my friend — one of the great businessmen anywhere in the world — Terry Gou. (Applause.) I would see Terry, and I’d say, Terry, you have to give us a couple of those massive — these are massive — places that you do such great work with. And he’s going to be doing that in a state that’s very close to my heart — Wisconsin. So we’re very happy. One of the big job producers anywhere at any time, Scott. So I know it’s going to be fantastic for the people.
This is a great day for American workers and manufacturing, and for everyone who believes in the concept and the label, “Made in the USA.” (Applause.)
Today, I am pleased to announce that Foxconn, a world leader in manufacturing for computers, communications, and consumer electronics — one of the truly great companies of the world — will build a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility for the production of LCD panel products in Wisconsin, investing many, many billions of dollars right here in America and creating thousands of jobs. And I mean American jobs — that’s what we want. (Applause.)
Another big investor in our country — Steve Wynn, would you stand up? (Applause.) He’s raising so much money for our great Republican Party. Andrea, please stand up. Please. Thank you. Thank you, Steve. Done a great job. You’ve done a great job, Steve. Thank you.
Foxconn will invest in southeast Wisconsin while a larger facility is constructed over the coming years. And that facility is currently under negotiation. It will be about the biggest there is anywhere. The company’s initial investment of more than $10 billion will create 3,000 jobs, at a minimum, with the potential for up to 13,000 jobs in the very near future. The construction of this facility represents the return of LCD electronics and electronics manufacturing to the United States, the country that we love. That’s where we want our jobs.
To make such an incredible investment, Chairman Gou put his faith and confidence in the future of the American economy. In other words, if I didn’t get elected, he definitely would not be spending $10 billion. (Laughter and applause.)
His great company has seen our — you know, you see exactly what I’m saying — our administration’s work to remove job-killing regulations — he’s been watching — to institute Buy American and Hire American, and all of those policies, and to pursue the steps necessary to revitalize American industry, including repealing and replacing Obamacare — we better get that done, fellas, please. Mike, we need that so badly — cutting taxes, fixing our trade deals, and rebuilding our infrastructure. We’ll be submitting an infrastructure bill in the not-very-distant future. We’re going to be submitting a tax bill in the very near future. (Applause.)
When this investment is complete, Foxconn has the potential to create more manufacturing jobs than we’ve seen in many, many decades.
Chairman Gou, I thank you for your investment in the American worker. They appreciate it. They will not let you down. They never let us down. There is nobody like the American worker.
Terry Gou told me that he believes in America — and he really believes in America — and that, as a great entrepreneur — one of the greatest in the world, by the way — he won’t say it, but I’ll say — one of the great entrepreneurs of the world — he has a real bond with the administration and with Americans. Foxconn joins a growing list of industry leaders who understand that America’s capabilities are limitless and that America’s workers are unmatched, and that America’s most prosperous days are just ahead. We are going to have some very, very magnificent decades.
Thank you all for being here. Thank you, Terry. And thank you to Foxconn. God bless the United States of America. God bless you all. Thank you very much. Thank you. (Applause.)
5:47 P.M. EDT
Live stream video is above. Live coverage begins at 5 p.m. EDT local time [GMT/UTC – 4]). With World Clock you can find the equivalent in your time zone on Wednesday, July 26 or Thursday, July 27, accordingly.
President Donald Trump’s public schedule for Wednesday, July 26, 2017 is below (EDT; GMT/UTC – 4).
10:30 a.m. — Receive daily intelligence briefing – Oval Office
3:00 p.m. — Deliver remarks to the American Legion Boys Nation and the American Legion Auxiliary Girls Nation – South Portico
5:00 p.m. — Participate in a jobs announcement – East Room
Scroll down for live stream and replays of previous White House press briefings, interviews and other Trump administration public events. Click here for the full index of posts on President Donald Trump.
Photo credit: screenshot via White House YouTube
- Video: President Donald Trump Speech on Health Care and Obamacare Replacement, Monday, July 24, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump at the Commissioning Ceremony for the Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78), Saturday, July 22, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump Makes Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging Initiative Announcement, Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump at Made in America Product Showcase, Monday, July 17, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump at Three Seas Initiative Summit, Thursday, July 6, 2017, Warsaw, Poland
- Video: President Donald Trump, President Andrzej Duda of Poland Joint Press Conference, Thursday, July 6, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump, South Korean President Moon Joint Statements to the Press, Friday, June 30, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump, Prime Minister Narendra Modi of India Joint Statements to the Press, Monday, June 26, 2017
- Full Video & Transcript: President Donald Trump, President Klaus Iohannis of Romania Joint Press Conference, Friday, June 9, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump Speech at Department of Transportation, Friday, June 9, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump Infrastructure Initiative Speech in Cincinnati, Ohio at Rivertowne Marina, Wednesday, June 7, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump Air Traffic Control Reform Initiative Announcement, Monday, June 5, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump Statement on Paris Climate Accord, Thursday, June 1, 2017
- Video & Transcript: President Donald Trump Speech at NATO Unveiling of the Article 5 and Berlin Wall Memorials, Brussels, Belgium, Thursday, May 25, 2017
- Video & Transcript: President Donald Trump Speech at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem, Israel, Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump Speech at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem, Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump, President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority Statements in Bethlehem, Israel, Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel Joint Press Conference in Jerusalem, Israel, Monday, May 22, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump, President Reuven Rivlin of Israel Joint Statement, Monday, May 22, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump at the Arab Islamic American Summit, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Video: President Donald Trump, President Juan Manuel Santos of Colombia Joint Press Conference, Thursday, May 18, 2017