Here is the video of Bruce Springsteen’s ‘American Skin (41 Shots)’ live concert performance in tribute to Trayvon Martin in Limerick, Ireland from Tues. July 16, 2013 in the aftermath of the George Zimmerman not guilty verdict in the shooting death of the black teenager in Florida. The replay and more details are below, after the jump.
Article Continues Below Ad
The video is above. Bruce Springsteen is among several music artists — including Wyclef Jean and Young Jeezy — who have responded with tributes after the controversial not guilty verdict which saw George Zimmerman acquitted of second degree murder and manslaughter charges in the death of the 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
The legendary rocker wrote ‘American Skin (41 Shots)’ in tribute to Amadou Diallo, the unarmed black man who died when he was shot 41 times by four NYPD police officers. In his concert dedication of the song in Limerick, Ireland, Springsteen said, ‘I want to send this out as a letter back home, for justice for Trayvon Martin.’
via Gossip Cop
- Wyclef Jean ‘Justice (If You’re 17)’ Trayvon Martin Tribute (Music Video)
- Young Jeezy ‘It’s A Cold World’ (Trayvon Martin Tribute) New Music (Audio)
- George Zimmerman Verdict: Reactions to Not Guilty Verdict in Trayvon Martin Case
- Bruce Springsteen Grammy Awards 2012 Video: Live Performance at 54th Grammys
- Bruce Springsteen Today Show Video Interview with Brian Williams 10-7-10