Here is the video of Phillip Phillips on the Today Show from Fri. June 28, 2013. Watch the live concert performance and interview of the singer-songwriter and American Idol season 11 winner, part the Toyota Summer Concert Series at The Plaza in Rockefeller Center in New York City. Details plus full replay are below after the jump.
Phillips won American Idol in 2012. He performed with a large, all acoustic band that included fiddle, cello, saxophone, trombone as well as guitars, bass and drum.
In the live interview with NBC’s Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie, he was asked to reflect upon his success since winning, including his multi-platinum selling debut single, ‘Home,’ lead single of his debut studio album, ‘The World from the Side of the Moon.’ He spoke of the opportunities he now has, and of people whom he had had a chance to meet.
He talked about touring as a supporting act for John Mayer, and was asked how he felt about his forthcoming opportunity to open for Bruce Springsteen. He acknowledged that he still thought of himself more as a guitarist than a singer and that performing on live television still made him nervous. “I’m nervous right now,” he said. He was also asked about his trademark plaid shirt as co-anchors observed that some members of his band were also in plaid shirts.
The song list included ‘Home’ as well as his new single, ‘Gone, Gone, Gone’ and ‘Man on the Moon’ Replay video is below.
Photo credit: Elen Nivrae (CC BY-SA 2.0)
- Phillip Phillips MuchMusic Video Awards 2013 (Video) ‘Home’ Live Performance MMVA
- Phillip Phillips on American Idol (Video) ‘Gone Gone Gone’ Performance March 14, 2013 Top 10 Results Season 12
- Phillip Phillips Today Show Video Nov. 27, 2012: Interview, Live Performance ‘Gone Gone Gone’
- Phillip Phillips on Late Show with David Letterman Video Nov. 19, 2012: Live Performance ‘Home’
- Phillip Phillips on The View Video Nov. 19, 2012: Live Interview, Performance ‘Home’
- Phillip Phillips Ellen DeGeneres Show Video Sept. 14, 2012: Performance ‘Home’