Here is the video of President Barack Obama’s Today Show interview conducted by NBC News’ Savannah Guthrie, broadcast on Tues. April 16, Weds. April 17, and April 24 2013. The sit-down discussion at the White House — recorded on April 15, prior to the Boston Marathon explosions — covered a range of topics including gun control legislation, immigration reform as well as the growing crisis in North Korea. Details and replay are below.
Article Continues Below Ad
The full replay video from the April 16 broadcast is posted above. April 17 April 24 videos are posted below.
A summary of the discussion follows below. As noted, the interview took place prior to the explosions at the 2013 Boston Marathon finish line in downtown Boston. The President’s statement, delivered later that evening, is here.
Regarding North Korea:
“North Korea will probably make more provocative moves over the next several weeks,” Obama said. “But our hope is that we can contain it and that we can move into a different phase in which they try to work through diplomatically some of these issues so that they can get back on a path where they’re actually feeding their people.”
On gun control:
“The notion that Congress would defy the overwhelming instinct of the American people after what we saw happen in Newtown I think is unimaginable,” he said, referring to the Dec. 14 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Watch part 2 and part 3 replay videos below.
Photo credit: Official White House Photo by Pete Souza
- President Obama: Meet the Press, Full Video and Transcript Dec. 30, 2012 Interview with David Gregory, Moderator, NBC News
- President Obama: Rock Center Full Video: Interview with Brian Williams, NBC News Oct. 25, 2012
- President Obama: Tonight Show with Jay Leno Video: Full Interview Oct. 24, 2012
- President Obama: Late Show with David Letterman Video: Full Interview Sept. 18, 2012
- President Obama 60 Minutes Video Sept. 23, 2012 Full Interview with Steve Kroft, CBS News
President Obama 60 Minutes Video, Transcript Dec. 11, 2011 Full Interview with Steve Kroft