Here is the Barbra Streisand on the Today Show video from Fri. Dec. 7, 2012. Watch the full interview by NBC’s Savannah Guthrie of the legendary singer, actress, and film director covering a range of topics from her forthcoming movie, ‘The Guilt Trip,’ with Seth Rogan, and her legacy as an iconic performing artist. Details and replay below, after the jump.
Full replay video is above. Barbra Streisand, in a rare sit-down interview, spoke on many topics including the new movie in which she portrays Joyce, the mother of Seth Rogan’s character and noted the parallels in her own life, in that she enjoyed taking road trips with her husband, James Brolin. She also spoke about her interest in returning to directing and working with actors from behind the camera. She talked about her perfectionism in her work, and when asked how she felt being called a diva, said, “I’m not a diva. I don’t think so. I’m very down-to-earth.”
She also talked about her recent series of concerts, in particularly performing at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, her hometown, but yet where she had never performed previously. She talked about how much she enjoyed performing some duets during the concert with her son, Jason Gould.
More summary, pictures and transcript excerpts at Today.com
- Barbra Streisand Barclays Center Brooklyn Concert Review Roundup, Set-List, Video, Photos Oct. 11, 2012
- Barbra Streisand Grammy Awards 2011 Video: Live Performance at 53rd Grammys
- Barbra Streisand Village Vanguard Set-List, Review, Video, Photos 9-26-09
- Barbra Streisand Oprah Video 9-24-09
- Barbra Streisand Love Is the Answer Album Track-Listing, Cover Art, Video
- Beyonce Kennedy Center Honors 2008 Performance Video, Photos, ‘The Way We Were’