Here is the Demi Lovato Today Show video from Tues. March 6, 2012. The live performance of ‘Give Your Heart a Break’ and brief interview with NBC’s Ann Curry were in support of the forthcoming documentary, ‘Stay Strong.’ Watch the vid below and find out more about the program which will be broadcast on MTV.
Article continues below.
Article Continues Below Ad
During the brief interview preceding the live performance in Studio 1A (part of the Toyota Concert Series on Today) Demi Lovato told Ann Curry why she was willing to be so candid in the MTV special about her recent struggles with depression, addiction and an eating disorder which led to a stint in rehab, saying, “I decided to tell my story because I know there are a lot of young teens out there — girls and boys — that are dealing with these issues that I’ve been through. So if I’m able to use my voice to do good in the world then I definitely want to do that.”
She also acknowledged support from fans, as evidenced by the enthusiastic crowd outside at Rockefeller Center, “It means everything to me having that support. I don’t even have a word for it, it’s amazing. The fans that I have are incredible.”
The documentary ‘Demi Lovato: Stay Strong’ will have its premiere on MTV on March 6, 2012 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
Watch the full replay video below of her performance of ‘Give Your Heart a Break’ from the ‘Unbroken’ album.
Photo credit: Garry Knight (CC BY-SA 2.0)
- Demi Lovato Dancing with the Stars Video Sept. 27, 2011 Live Performance Results Night
- Demi Lovato Ellen DeGeneres Show Video Sept. 20, 2011 Interview, Performance
- Demi Lovato Good Morning America Video Sept. 19, 2011 Interview, Live Performance
- Demi Lovato Skyscraper Video: Official Music Video Premiere
- Demi Lovato Interview with Robin Roberts Video on ABC GMA and 20/20 (April 2011)
- Joe Jonas Demi Lovato American Idol Season 9 Top 11 Video Performance 3-24-10