Watch the Fox News Republican Presidential debate in Iowa on Thurs. Aug. 11, 2011 via live stream video online. The 2012 GOP candidates will participate at the event at CY Stephens Auditorium in Ames, Iowa with moderator Bret Baier. It will be broadcast live on television on Fox News channel starting at 9 p.m. ET. More details and live stream below after the jump.
UPDATE: Full replay video and transcript text along with reviews and recap are below.
Article continues below.
Article Continues Below Ad
See the Fox News Republican Debate Web page for video clips and for details on rebroadcast.
Here is a roundup of recaps and reviews:
- Pawlenty, Bachmann Spar Over Credentials.
- Fireworks Erupt at GOP Presidential Debate in Iowa
- Fact-checking the Iowa Republican debate [PolitiFact.com]
- >GOP Debate: Tim Pawlenty Goes After ‘Obamneycare’ In Iowa (VIDEO)
- Tim Pawlenty And Rep. Michele Bachmann Rumble In White Hot Debate Exchange
- Newt Gingrich Brawls With Fox News’ Chris Wallace Over Debate ‘Gotcha’ Question
Click here for live web feed video at FoxNews.com; coverage begins at 8:45 p.m. ET. (5:45 p.m. PT). For mobile phone viewing, the live stream can also be seen via Fox News iPhone and iPad app and Droid app as well as Blackberry and Windows Phone.
The debate is cosponsored by Fox News and the Washington Examiner and takes place in advance of the Ames Straw Poll which will take place on Saturday Aug. 13, 2011. Click here for more on online programming and TV schedule and an overview of the candidates. See also the official Fox News Facebook and Twitter (follow #gopdebate and #2012 hash tags) for updates.
The debate starts at 9 p.m. ET. See TimeandDate.com for debate in your time zone; it will air on Aug. 11 or Aug. 12 depending on time zone. Check back for replay video which will be posted when available as well as transcript text, recap and review.
The participants (in alphabetical order) include: Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota; Herman Cain, radio talk show host and former CEO of Godfather’s Pizza; former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich; former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman; Rep. Ron Paul of Texas; former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty; former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney; and former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum.
A preview video is below. For more on the GOP candidates in Iowa and the debate tonight see also:
- Republican debate in Iowa: A viewer’s guide
- With Return to Iowa, Romney Heeds Call of G.O.P. Strategists
- Rick Perry Speaks: Tells TIME Magazine He Feels ‘Calmness in my Heart’ to Run
- Romney: General Election Would Get ‘Real Ugly’
- Fox News Poll: 44 Percent Would Re-elect Obama; Romney Remains Top of GOP List
- Taxes key to Mitt Romney’s ’04 pitch to Standard & Poor’s
- Sarah Palin headed to Iowa
- Michele Bachmann Good Morning America Video June 28, 2011 Interview with George Stephanopoulos
- Michele Bachmann 2012 Presidential Candidacy Announcement Speech Video June 27, 2011
- CNN Republican Presidential Debate June 13, 2011 New Hampshire Live Stream Video
- Mitt Romney 2012 Presidential Candidacy Announcement Speech Video June 2, 2011, New Hampshire
- Mitt Romney Today Show Video May 31, 2011 Interview with Jamie Gangel
- Mitt Romney Health Care Speech Video May 12, 2011 at Univ. of Michigan
Mitt Romney Good Morning America Video Feb. 1, 2011 Interview with George Stephanopoulos
Ron Paul on The View Video April 25, 2011
- Ron Paul Good Morning America Video: 2012 Presidential Campaign Announcement May 13, 2011
- Rick Santorum Good Morning America Video: 2012 Presidential Campaign Announcement June 6, 2011