Watch the Obama White House Conference on bullying prevention video on Thurs. March 10, 2011. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama hold a summit on bullying at the White House East Room. Both will deliver a speech at the opening session; the start time is 10:30 a.m. ET for live coverage. Watch live stream video below at that time and see full details including schedule of events. Thereafter check back for the full replay video, and transcript text.
UPDATE: Replay video and transcript added below.
Article continues below.
YouTube Link – Opening Session
YouTube Link – Facebook live session
Link for mobile viewing. Live web-feed video above. The event can also be seen via the White House iPad and iPhone app, a free download.
The full conference be streamed live over the Internet and will start at 10:30 a.m. ET and end at 3 p.m. ET and will include breakout sessions addressing the various issues surrounding bullying and its effects.
In advance of the summit, the President and First Lady have posted a video on the official White House Facebook addressing online safety and cyberbulling. They say in part: “”For a long time, bullying was treated as an unavoidable part of growing up but more and more we’re seeing how harmful it can be for our kids, especially when it follows them from their school, their phone, their computer screen.”
Resources for parents, students, teachers, school administrators, community leaders and others interested are available at StopBullying.Gov.
The complete schedule of events is as follows. (All times are Eastern Time.)
10:30 AM The President and the First Lady deliver remarks on bullying prevention
11:00 AM A conversation with experts on effective programs and policies to prevent bullying
12:00 PM Participants join breakout discussions
Breakout session topics:
**Online breakout sessions **
12:20 PM: A special “Facebook Live” event at the White House Conference on Bullying Prevention
Administration officials, Facebook Chief Security Officer Joe Sullivan, and others take live questions from the public via the White House Facebook account on bullying prevention.
1:15 PM: Open for Questions: iVillage with Secretary Sebelius at the White House Conference on Bullying Prevention
Kelly Wallace poses questions from the iVillage audience on bullying prevention to Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius.
2:00 PM: Administration Officials Deliver Closing Remarks at Conference Wrap Up Session
For more on today’s meeting see also:
- Tina Meier heads to White House for conference on bullying
- Obamas Hope to Tackle Bullying With White House Conference
Watch a preview video below and the LGBT White House Staffers It Gets Better Video below.
Link – Preview
- President Obama It Gets Better Video, Transcript Anti-Bullying Message
- Obama Boston Speech Video March 8, 2011: Address at TechBoston Academy
- Obama Miami, Florida Speech Video March 4, 2011: Address at Miami Central Senior High School
- President Obama State of the Union Address 2011 Video: Jan. 25 Speech to Joint Session of Congress
- Obama, Biden White House Summit on Community Colleges Video Oct. 5, 2010
- Obama Speech Video Sept. 16, 2010 Statement on Educate to Innovate Initiative Expansion
- Obama Speech Video Sept. 15, 2010: Statement on the Economy
Obama Speech to Students Video, Transcript: Sept. 14, 2010 2nd Annual Presidential Back to School Address
- Obama Kalamazoo Central High School Graduation Speech Video: 2010 Commencement Address in Michigan 6-7-10
- Obama School Speech Video, Transcript 9-8-09: Presidential Address to School-Children
- Obama West Point Commencement Address 2010 Video, Graduation Speech Transcript, Photos 5-22-10