Here is the President Obama Bill O’Reilly interview video from Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 6, 2011. President Barack Obama discussed a range of topics with the Fox News O’Reilly Factor host during the traditional pre-game show broadcast this year on Fox network preceding the NFL championship game between the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers at Cowboy Stadium in Arlington, TX, near Dallas. Watch the full video and see the transcript text below.
Article continues below.
The live interview was broadcast at 4:45 p.m. ET. It marks President Obama’s third Super Bowl interview; last year’s interview was conducted by CBS news anchor Katie Couric and in 2009 he was interviewed by NBC’s Matt Lauer.
Click here to read the full transcript. A summary of the discussion follows, along with the complete video below. The President discussed a range of topics including the political situation in Egypt, health care reform, and the economy.
He talked about the transition that will occur when the Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak departs. He also discussed the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and whether or not they are a threat to the U.S. He went on to say he wants to see a “representative government in Egypt.”
He addressed the various federal court rulings on the health care reform legislation, deeming parts or all of it unconstitutional. He denied that the mandate that all Americans purchase health care is socialist, and characterized it as part of being responsible.
Asked what was the worse part of being President, he said: “Worse part of the job is, first of all I’ve got the jacket on on Super Bowl Sunday. Biggest problem for me is being in the bubble…Over time, what happens is you feel like you’re not able to just have a spontaneous conversation with folks, and that’s a big loss.”
He went on to say, “Every decision that has come to my desk is something that nobody else has solved. By the time it gets to my desk you don’t have easy answers….you have to make your best judgment. You know you don’t have perfect information.” He added, “The longer I’m in this job the more I enjoy it…The more optimistic I am about this country.”
Asked if it disturbs him that so many people him, he said, “The people who dislike you don’t know you. What they hate is whatever fun-house mirror image of you is out there. So you don’t take it personally.”
He declined to predict a Super Bowl winner, saying the teams are pretty evenly matched.
Watch video below. Scroll down for more details on the Super Bowl party at the White House.
According to ABC News, the attendees at Super Bowl XLV party on the state level of the White House with President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama include celebrities, cabinet members and both Republican and Democratic members of Congress as well as various public officials from Minnesota and Pennsylvania, the home states of the competing NFL teams. The White House guest list includes Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony. Additionally:
Those members of Congress who have so far RSVP-ed are the Senators from Pennsylvania – Republican Sen. Pat Toomey and Democrat Sen. Bob Casey. Rep. Reid Ribble (R-Wisc) and State Rep Rafael Anchia (D) from Dallas, TX will also attend.
Members of the president’s cabinet, including Attorney General Eric Holder, US Trade Representative Ron Kirk, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, and Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood will also watch the game at the White House.
- Hollywood’s starting lineup
- Green Bay beer to be served at White House
- Big Game Brings Big Names to the White House
- Star and football watching at the White House
Photo credit: Official White House Photo by Pete Souza
- President Obama Weekly Address Video, Transcript Feb. 5, 2011 (Radio, YouTube)
- President Obama Penn State University Speech Video Feb. 3, 2011
- President Obama Egypt Speech Video Feb. 1, 2011: Statement on Protests in Egypt
- Obama, Harper Press Conference Video: U.S. President, Canadian Prime Minister Hold Joint News Conference Feb. 4, 2011
- President Obama Weekly Address Video, Transcript Jan. 29, 2011 (Radio, YouTube)
- Obama Manitowoc, Wisconsin Speech Video: Jan. 26, 2011 Address at Orion Energy Systems
- Obama Speech Video: Jan. 28, 2011 Address at Families USA 16th Annual Health Action Conference
- President Obama State of the Union Address 2011 Video: Jan. 25 Speech to Joint Session of Congress
- President Obama Weekly Address Video, Transcript Jan. 22, 2011 (Radio, YouTube)
Obama Schenectady, New York Speech Video: Jan. 21, 2011 Address at General Electric Turbine Plant
Obama, Hu Press Conference Video: U.S. President, Chinese President Hold Joint News Conference Jan. 19, 2011
- President Obama Weekly Address Video, Transcript Jan. 15, 2011 (Radio, YouTube)
- President Obama Speech Video: Tucson, Arizona Memorial Service Jan. 12, 2011
- President Obama Moment of Silence Honoring Tucson, Arizona Shooting Victims (Video) Jan. 10, 2011
- President Obama Speech on Shooting of Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Video Jan. 8, 2011
- President Obama Weekly Address Video, Transcript Jan. 8 , 2011 (YouTube, Radio)
- Obama December Jobs Report Speech Video: Jan. 7, 2011 Statement on Unemployment and Economic Appointments
- Obama Speech Video: Jan. 6. 2011 William Daley Appointed White House Chief of Staff Announcement
- President Obama Weekly Address Video, Transcript Jan. 1, 2011
- Obama Press Conference Video, Transcript: Dec. 22, 2010 Presidential News Conference, End of Year Speech
President Obama Signs Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act into Law: Dec. 22, 2010 Speech, Video
- President Obama Signs Tax Cut Bill into Law: Dec. 17, 2010 Speech, Video
- Obama Press Conference Video: Dec. 7, 2010 Presidential News Conference, Speech on Tax Cuts Deal
- Obama Winston-Salem, North Carolina Speech Video Dec. 6, 2010 Address at Forsyth Technical Community College
- Obama Speech Video Dec. 4, 2010 Address on U.S., South Korea Trade Agreement
- Obama Afghanistan Speech Video Dec. 3, 2010 Address to the Troops
- Obama November Jobs Report Speech Video: Dec. 3, 2010 in Afghanistan, Statement on Unemployment
- Obama Speech Video Nov. 29, 2010 Statement on Federal Employee Pay Freeze
- Obama October Jobs Report Speech Video: Nov. 5, 2010 Statement on Unemployment
- Obama Press Conference Video: Nov. 3, 2010 Presidential News Conference Post-Election
- Obama Seattle Speech Video: Oct. 21, 2010 Backyard Discussion on Women and the Economy
- Obama MTV Town Hall Video: Oct. 14, 2010 A Conversation with President Obama
- Obama September Jobs Report Speech Video: Oct. 8, 2010 Statement on Unemployment
- Obama CNBC Town Hall Video, Transcript Sept. 20, 2010: Investing in America Forum
- Obama August Jobs Report Speech Video: Sept. 3, 2010 Statement on Unemployment
- Obama AFL-CIO Speech Video: Address to AFL-CIO Executive Council, August 4, 2010