Watch the 2011 President Obama State of the Union address video on Tues. Jan. 25. President Barack Obama delivers the speech live before a joint session of the U.S. Congress. Speech time is at 9:00 p.m. ET; watch live stream video online here. Thereafter check back for the complete replay video, transcript text and photos.
UPDATE: The replay video and full transcript text are below.
Article continues below.
Link for mobile viewing. Live web-feed video. The SOTU address can also be seen on CNN Live as well as on the official White House Web site and Facebook page. The video stream can also be seen via the White House iPhone app, a free download.
The live telecast of the Jan. 25, 2011 speech starts at 9 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT) and can be seen on major cable channels MSNBC, Fox News, CNN, and CSPAN as well as the television broadcast networks ABC, NBC and CBS, as well as international radio and cable broadcasts, where, in some time zones, the speech will be broadcast on Weds. Jan. 26. Check back for updates on how and where to watch online, as well as the full replay video and pictures which will be posted after the speech has concluded.
The President sent a preview video of his highly anticipated address to supporters via his Organizing for America e-mail contact list. He said in part: ““My No. 1 focus is going to be making sure that we are competitive, and we are creating jobs not just now but well into the future…These are big challenges that are in front of us. But we’re up to it, as long as we come together as a people — Republicans, Democrats, independents — as long as we focus on what binds us together as a people, as long as we’re willing to find common ground even as we’re having some very vigorous debates.”
Read more about the anticipated themes as well as the special attendees at the joint session of Congress: Obama to Press Centrist Agenda in His Address See also: President Obama To Answer Questions Via YouTube And Twitter
For more background on the forthcoming speech including discussion on bipartisan cooperation and civility and possible changes in the traditional seating arrangements of Republicans and Democrats, see:
- SOTU: President Obama to Propose Partial Budget Freeze and Earmark Ban Tonight
- Writing State Of The Union Speech: A Juggling Act
- Q&A: How unusual is it to cross the aisle for the State of the Union?
- Who’s your date? Pairing off for the State of the Union
- The State of the Union and the Military: Balancing Defense With Debt
- Obama: State of the Union to focus on jobs, deficits
Photo credit: official White House photo by Pete Souza
Watch the preview video below.
Obama State of the Union Address 2010 Video 1-27-10
- President Obama Weekly Address Video, Transcript Jan. 22, 2011 (Radio, YouTube)
Obama, Hu Press Conference Video: U.S. President, Chinese President Hold Joint News Conference Jan. 19, 2011
- President Obama Weekly Address Video, Transcript Jan. 15, 2011 (Radio, YouTube)
- President Obama Speech Video: Tucson, Arizona Memorial Service Jan. 12, 2011
- President Obama Speech on Shooting of Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Video Jan. 8, 2011
- President Obama Weekly Address Video, Transcript Jan. 8 , 2011 (YouTube, Radio)
- Obama December Jobs Report Speech Video: Jan. 7, 2011 Statement on Unemployment and Economic Appointments
- Obama Speech Video: Jan. 6. 2011 William Daley Appointed White House Chief of Staff Announcement
- President Obama Weekly Address Video, Transcript Jan. 1, 2011
- Obama Press Conference Video, Transcript: Dec. 22, 2010 Presidential News Conference, End of Year Speech
President Obama Signs Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal Act into Law: Dec. 22, 2010 Speech, Video
- President Obama Signs Tax Cut Bill into Law: Dec. 17, 2010 Speech, Video
- Obama Press Conference Video: Dec. 7, 2010 Presidential News Conference, Speech on Tax Cuts Deal
- Obama Afghanistan Speech Video Dec. 3, 2010 Address to the Troops
- Obama November Jobs Report Speech Video: Dec. 3, 2010 in Afghanistan, Statement on Unemployment
- Obama Press Conference Video: Nov. 3, 2010 Presidential News Conference Post-Election
- Obama September Jobs Report Speech Video: Oct. 8, 2010 Statement on Unemployment
- Obama CNBC Town Hall Video, Transcript Sept. 20, 2010: Investing in America Forum