Here are the Mariah Carey Today Show video and photos of her performance on Oct. 2, 2009 in support of her 12th studio album, ‘Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel’ as part of the Toyota Concert Series at Rockefeller Plaza in New York City. She performed Obsessed, H.A.T.E.U., I Want to Know What Love and Make It Happen, the latter two with a backing choir.
During the brief interview with Meredith Viera, the music superstar discussed her new album and the meaning of its title. Additionally she discussed her marriage to Nick Cannon as well as her film role as a social worker, an uncharacteristically non-glamorous role, in the forthcoming movie, “Precious” (previously titled Push Based on a Novel By Sapphire).
Regarding the new album, which features production from Christopher ‘Tricky’ Stewart and The-Dream, Mariah Carey shared her assessment of its subject matter in an interview with MTV News, acknowledging that autobiographical elements dated back to earlier times in her life rather than the past year during which she has been married to Nick Cannon.
“I’m always writing things down,” she explained. “I’ve been doing that since I was 6 years old. [In Memoirs], I’m kind of looking at my life and going, ‘That was a stupid thing to do. Let me write about it.’ I remember this, ‘Oh, I wrote about this, let me finish the song.’ ”
The full interview is here: Mariah Carey Insists New Songs Are Not About Nick Cannon
The album, according to sales forecasts, is vying for the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 with Paramore and their new album Brand New Eyes. Are audiences embracing Mariah Carey’s ‘Angel’?
In a recent interview with In Touch Weekly magazine, the music superstar reveals her thoughts on a range of topics. As PopEater noted, she delivered the headline-making line I Never Thought I’d Live This Long:
, “I have always been grateful for everything I had, but my personal life was a mess. So many artists just exist for their careers and then burn out quickly. That was me before I met Nick, and he helped me. I always thought that I wouldn’t be here at this point. I was thinking, ‘Okay, I’ve got another year of my life left. This has got to be the end of it.’ Finally, he was like, “Stop talking like that.”
More of the interview here: Mariah Carey: ‘I Never Thought I’d Live This Long’
Today Show videos are below.
Article Continues Below Ad
Link; H.A.T.E.U. (live)
- Mariah Carey Oprah Video, Photos 9-18-09
- Mariah Carey America’s Got Talent Video 8-5-09
- Mariah Carey I Want to Know What Love Is Video, Lyrics
- Eminem Warning Lyrics, Video: Eminem Mariah Carey Diss Song
- Mariah Carey Obsessed (Video, Photos)
- Mariah Carey Obsessed Lyrics
- Mariah Carey ‘Hero’ 2009 Music Video, ‘The Ballads’ Promo Photos
- Music Video: Mariah Carey ‘Right to Dream’ from ‘Tennessee’ Movie
- Video & Photos: Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey 2009 Grammy Nominations Performances
- Music Video: Mariah Carey “I Stay in Love” (Official) + Set Photos
- Music Video: Mariah Carey ft. T.I. – “I’ll Be Lovin’ U Long Time” (Official)
- Video & Photos: Mariah Carey on Jimmy Kimmel Live – Summer Krush Concert Series 7-31-08
- Video: Mariah Carey on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” 5-13-08
- New Music Video: Mariah Carey – “Bye Bye” (Official)